Luogo CRAVEGGIA (VB)
print this page

Parish Church of Saints James and Christopher

The Parish Church of Saints James and Christopher was built between 1731 and 1734. Its interiors are decorated with frescoes by Giuseppe Maria Borgnis, a local painter who also designed the church. The portico bears frescoes by Lorenzo Peretti senior. The Parish Church preserves a treasure of the King of France: sacred vestments in ancient silk, woven with gold and silver; ciboria; crosses; chalices studded with precious stones, engraved or made of filigree; and monstrances (the most famous is the "twin" of the one at Notre Dame in Paris), as well as the funeral mantle of Louis XIV.
Info: WIKIPEDIA

Typology
Chiesa
Topic
Montagne